Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

patriotic t-shirts and why grandparents are so great

Thursday, July 04, 2013
I love that my parents live close to us now. This is the first time in 10 years of marriage and 6.5 years of being parents that we've had a set of parents within a 10 minute drive. It's nice to get together with them and play cards, it's great for the kids to grow up close to their grandparents. It's awesome to have some help in church on Sunday mornings...you know, those Pastors Kids can get pretty crazy sometimes!! It's fun to be able to celebrate holidays and birthdays and grandparents day with them. And it's awesome to let the kids have sleepovers at grammy and papas house...ESPECIALLY when my husband is gone for 9 days. 

Yesterday was day  6 of Greg being gone and I was just about at my whits end. I was tired. I was done playing pretend. I didn't want to hear about Naomi selling her books anymore. I didn't want to listen to Micah complain about cleaning his room anymore. I didn't want to change another diaper. But I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I knew that we were going to go to my parents house after "nap time" and go swimming, enjoy dinner with them and then I'd get to leave two or three of my kids at their house for the night. It's what kept me going. It's what helped me get through the morning of talkative and crazy kids. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kids...anyone can attest to that. But I'm totally okay with them sleeping over at their grandparents house. I'm okay with having some me time...especially on day 6 of "single parenting". I am blessed to have my parents close. To have help when I need it when sweet hubby is away. I am blessed to have incredible kids who have awesome relationships with their grandparents. I am also looking forward to a few days in mid July when the three big kids will spend five days with Greg's parents!! Declutter/downsize toys here we come!! It's great to have grandparents around who are willing to be with my kids and not only spoil them but also teach them new things, share in their joys and sorrows and discipline them when necessary.

Because I was so tired and because three kids decided to sleep over at grammy and papa's we didn't go to any fireworks last night. It's not the first 4th of July (or 3rd) that we didn't see the big fireworks display...and I'm sure it won't be the last. We may get to see some tonight but only time will tell. Because I came home with only one child to put to bed and because she's finally sleeping through the night I knew I would have time to get some shirts made for the kids to wear today. I knew what I wanted to make and I knew exactly how I was going to do it...so from start to finish it took me 40 minutes to make three shirts! It took me another 10 to make Micah's but a little longer for it to be finished. I had picked up some cute little skirts for the girls to wear for $5 and the shirts were about $3 each so a complete, cute outfit for patriotic holidays for $8. I think that's pretty good! Here are some pictures of the girls shirts! I will get some photos of them all looking patriotic later today!!





 Here's Micahs shirt before it was completely finished...I hope to have a tutorial for this up by Saturday!!

On My Instagram