Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

back to blogging

Wednesday, July 03, 2013
As most of you faithful blog readers (of any blog, not just this one) know by now Google Reader is GONE. Sad. Well, for some people. I had a TON of blogs in my google reader and I never read them there. I think it used to be the way to enter contests and so it seemed as though I followed every single blog I laid my eyes on. Well, I've become a bit more picky in my grown up years...ha!!! So, I hate to say it but I'm not too upset about Google reader being gone because basically it's one less thing for me to feel guilty about never checking. I'm not sure I could even tell you my password...not that I would!

Google reader was a great way to keep in touch with the blogs you wanted to read without having to click on each individual blog. My husband used it and loved it. Truly I've just been a blog reading slacker lately. I mean I can hardly keep my own blog updated, where am I to find time to read other peoples blogs?

I realize that by reading and commenting on other peoples blogs is how some make friends and get more readers in order to get more followers to get more free stuff to make more money etc. I just don't have time for that right now. We're in a season of change and I wish I could sit around and read blogs all day. I really do. I  have found it easier for me to follow most "blogs" through facebook these days...and that is starting to get overwhelming but it's not like I have to sit and read each post, just the ones that interest me. So, now that google reader is gone I've jumped over to bloglovin and I really like the interface. So, if you're interested in keeping up with us you can: follow my blog on bloglovin, keep up with us through facebook, instagram or pinterest. We may not have google reader anymore but there are plenty of other ways to stay in touch with those you'd like to. I am excited about starting with a clean slate and only adding the blogs I really want to read instead of every single blog I see.

I hope to continue blogging with the same pace...which is sporadic at best! I hope that's okay. I'm not looking for a TON of followers. I don't aspire to have a HUGELY popular blog (that takes a lot of work that I'm not ready to put in), I just want to share what's going on in my corner of the world. My husband told me the other day "I like how you used to blog" so that's my goal. Blog like I used to. Blog for my family. Blog for my memory. Blog to share the story of US because no one else is going to do so. If you'd like to join us on our journey feel free to follow along!

On My Instagram