Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

road ways

Wednesday, May 25, 2011
The other morning I wasn't sure what we were going to do for the morning. Can you tell I'm a "fly by the seat of our pants" kinda girl. We don't usually have many plans...and I like it that way. We do have structure to our day ...eat, rest, eat at the same time each day ... but we don't have a strict schedule to follow. I like just letting the kids direct most of the play time and intervening when needed.

On this day they were playing with Micah's race cars a lot. So, I decided to jump in and make a little road for them. I wanted to help direct their play a little bit and give them something to add to their "make believe". I just used painters tape and you can tell by the crazy road layout that I didn't have a plan and just starting taping roads on the floor. Micah really like the race track and they also enjoyed the garages for their cars. It's fun to just do things on a whim...but I guess I better prepare for some things so we can do some more learning...









Lucy, Murray and Ginny's Mom said...

I'm totally stealing this idea some day! This is a great impromptu activity!! It wouldn't have been fun if you planned it...then they wouldn't have wanted to use the cars!

Unknown said...

Those are some gorgeous hard wood floors you have, Jamie!

And I just can't believe how old Naomi and Micah look in these photos. Crazy!

km said...

What JOY! What FUN! :):)

Brenna said...

Looks like so much fun!

On My Instagram