Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

hope for haiti

Thursday, February 04, 2010
Craft Hope for Haiti Shop Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time
Have you heard of craft hope?
I don't remember how I stumbled upon it but
as soon as I saw it the address was in my google reader.

"Craft Hope is a love inspired project designed to share handmade
crafts with those who need them. It is our hope to combine our
love for crafting and desire to help others into a project
to make a difference around the world.
"

They have had many crafters contribute to
6 different projects for people that need them.
I've not yet created anything for craft hope but hope to in the future.

Craft hope also started taking donations for Haiti and started
an etsy store, just click on the button above to get there.
They are holding off on donations right now but will
start accepting them again once they get caught up.

I would encourage you to help out wherever you can.
Those people are hurting, devastated, they need hope!
They need to be reassured or told of the love of Jesus.
Let's pray for those people.
I cannot imagine if it was my kids walking around
on the street without anywhere to call home.

You've gotta read this great post by Anna.
Totally sums up what I've been thinking but didn't know how to say.

Also, one last thing.
Thanks to you and your comments, blog follow love
and also your etsy store purchases and photo sessions
I was so thrilled to write a check to my church
to be sent directly to LCMS World Relief and Human Care for
$110.
I know it's not a TON of money but it's $110 more
than they had last week! Thanks again!

Oh and my sweet hubby and I are working
on some medical health kits to be sent to Haiti.If you'd like more info on how to put together
these health kits and where to send them,
leave a comment and I'll do a post just for the health kits!

What a great teaching time and lesson that would be for kids!

Holly Lefevre said...

What a wonderful idea.

Happy Friday Follow!

Holly
www.504main.blogspot.com

Mama to 5 said...

Good morning! Signed up to me your Friday Follower. <>< :)

I like this idea for Haiti - I am going to look into it somemore.

Please stop by & check out my blog. :)

On My Instagram