Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

long distance hug

Monday, January 19, 2015
Do you have kids? Do you live far away from your parents? Why not make this LONG DISTANCE hug to send to your parents from the kids for Valentine's Day. This would also make a great gift for mother's day or Father's day. I first posted this in 2010 when we got to see our parents once or twice a year. Now we live closer so the hugs are real. But I still think this would make a great gift!!


I don't remember where I saw this idea....maybe Family Fun, maybe not.
If you've seen this idea can you point me in the
right direction so I can give the proper credit?

For Valentine's Day I wanted to make something
fun and thoughtful for grandparents.
I saw this idea and knew it would be awesome.
Since we live so far from our families this was right up our alley.

Here's what I did:
I had the kids lie down on butcher paper and stretch out their arms.
Then I traced around their arms...
and a little bit of their body two times.
I cut their arms out of the paper.

I stamped their hands with child-safe ink
(basically that just means it will wash off easily)
onto white paper and cut their hand prints out.

Then I cut out a big heart for each set of arms.
I used double sided tape to attach the hands
to the arms and the heart to the body.
Wrote "I Love you this much" and called it good.

On My Instagram