Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

school auction ideas

Friday, March 07, 2014
School auctions are a great way to raise money for certain projects at said school. Our school is hosting it's second auction tonight! I am so excited to be able to attend this year since last year I was in the play and didn't really get to see the auction happening as I was backstage all night. I can't wait to see what all the classes have come up with for their live auction items. Those are honestly my favorite things. I love to see the way teachers and room moms have incorporated all of the kids into one item...or many items in one group. I was excited to be able to help out with the items that came from my kids classes. We ended up creating two items from the kindergarten class and the first graders had technically twelve items but one basket!! I love scouring the internet to find new ideas for these auction items so these items we've created were not original ideas! Well, I guess the first grade auction item was a collaboration of ideas but the idea was still generated from things we saw on pinterest.  Oh and if you're interested you can check out what we did last year for Naomi's class, here!!

With the kindergarten class we did a huge 24x36 American flag canvas. The kids loved putting their hands on this one ;)


And we also did a 10x20 canvas with the kindergartners feet! They had so much fun getting this photo taken and they thought it was so silly. I am very happy with how it turned out. Yes, there was some photoshop magic in there...but not too much!









And for the first graders we had them all draw something to represent one of the months of the year on half a sheet of paper and then I embroidered all their designs onto kitchen towels. I first traced their designs and then used their drawings as a guide for the colors, etc. This took longer than I anticipated but it was a lot of fun and I'm happy with the finished product!!

Here they are packaged in a serving tray!! Sorry about the poor photo quality I took this last night on my phone.



Can't wait to go to the auction. So excited for a fun night out with grown up conversations, food and a fun time supporting our kids awesome school!!

On My Instagram