Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

mug rug

Thursday, January 23, 2014
One of the things I made for a Christmas gift this year was a couple of mug rugs for our Music Director at church and his wife (whom I work with also). These mug rugs came together VERY quickly but I love how they turned out. I even made one for myself!!
I just sewed the three pieces of the top fabric together then drew the shape I wanted on the back. Then I used a fleece in between the backing and the front. Sewing with wrong sides together I followed the shape of the mug I drew and left a place to turn it the right way and also included a ribbon handle. I turned the mug rug with right sides out and top stitched around the whole thing making sure to close the spot I left for turning it out. Simple. Cute. Fun. The possibilities are endless! Can't wait to make more!

On My Instagram