Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

a week in sick land

Wednesday, January 30, 2013
I was so excited to get back to a routine after Christmas. To start de-cluttering. To start eating healthier. To start following through with my to-do list. And I had a lot of momentum, steam if you will, and will power. Then it happened. Greg went out of town for a week and three kids got really sick. Dr. visit, antibiotics, breathing-treatments sick. I thought we were over this since three out of four kids had the flu around Christmas/New years. But because of the flu their immune systems were down and they were susceptible to more junk. Micah had bronchitis, Hannah had a left ear infection and croup, Abi had a right ear infection and bronchiolitis and Naomi was diagnosed on Monday with an ear infection and put on breathing treatments for her wheezing. Awesome. 

Greg missed all the fun stuff ;). I'm grateful that my parents live close by or I may not have survived the week. At our doctor visit last Wednesday we were told to stay home until Monday. Not too bad considering I'm a home body...but my kids are not. And this wasn't the "achy, lay around all day" sickness. This was run around and play like crazy and stop to cough every once in a while sickness. And to top it all off Hannah got put on a steroid for her croup (which she's had before) and it made her a little extra crazy...not right away but we could tell it was affecting her by the second and third day. Thank goodness she only had to take that for 5 days. But add an ear infection to croup and you've got a crazy hyper little girl who also wants to be cuddled because she's hurting. It was an interesting week to say the least.

I feel so bad for Abi. She's still coughing. But thankfully her nose has cleared up and she can breathe easier. She doesn't like her breathing treatments, but usually she'll fall asleep if I hold her just right. I'm guessing her ear infection is better, no telling how much of the medicine the little three month old actually swallowed. Micah was over it the quickest, in true Micah fashion. That kid has an amazing immune system. So, we're left with a hurting left ear for Naomi and a cough that is rough. And little Abi with a lingering cough. But pretty much we're all on the mend and doing well. I am so thankful that through all of this; the flu at Christmas (which knocked Greg out for two days also) and the bronchitis, ear infection stuff as of late has steered clear of me. Not sure how I managed to not get sick at all but I'm thankful that I was healthy and able to care for my little people. It's no fun to see your kids sick and I cannot imagine what mothers of children with worse illnesses go through. 

So, I'm back to my regular routine...or trying to get back to it. Trying to organize, purge, decorate, clean, and come up with fun activities to do with the kids. I've got step one of my 45 days to simplify done! yay! So glad to have one big thing crossed off my list. I'll post more about that later!! On to the next project!

Here are some photos to help me remember the week of sickies!



We love our car Nebulizer!!




On My Instagram