Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

the loop

Saturday, June 20, 2009
Okay, I know I've been a bad blogger this week. Sorry. I'm not even going to give you any excuses.

Now that that's out of the way, let's recap what we've been up to.

Micah had some really crazy hair the other morning. I don't even think the photos do his mop justice. It's a little crazy at times but usually calms down by mid-morning.
I have to know. Am I the only mom who throws down a handful of cheerios on her toddlers tray and calls it breakfast? (no, not every morning)
Naomi wants you to know that she loves you.
Sarah came over again on Tuesday and the kids had a blast with her. We're so grateful for her kindness!The kids have enjoyed some of their afternoon snacks outside at their little table last week. Thanks grammy and papa, they love using it!Naomi made a sun "wand". We've been crafting and painting a lot lately. I'll have more photos to show later when our projects are finished.The countdown has begun. This is really the only way to keep Naomi from trying to leave for vacation already. The countdowns seem to help a little, we did three of them around Easter time for various things. We are heading to Hot Springs, AK the second week of July to meet up with Greg's whole family to celebrate his parents' 40th wedding anniversary! 40 years! That's incredible!! So, the news sorta leaked (we usually don't tell Naomi we're going anywhere till we're ready to walk out the door) and now she's been asking everyday when she gets to see Andrew and his baby (Noah) and also when grandma will read her some books. She also asks if we're going on an airplane and if she can bring her jammies and sleep on vacation (sleeping is required!). The countdown chain helps a little bit but she gets upset at least once a day because we're not going on "bacation" NOW!I got some super yummy, firm, large, seedless grapes at the grocery store the other day. They were gone in a record two days!I've been working on a sewing project for our vacation. Can you tell what I'm making? I'll have the tutorial on my creative blog by the end of the week.We were playing a game tonight involving t-shirts and balls and Micah was LOVING it! Hilarious! Oh and does anyone else have "naked time" at their house? I find that have naked time for a couple of hours ALMOST everyday. I guess it's okay right now, right? Naomi knows that she's not allowed to go outside naked so I guess that's good.

Something scary happened this week too. Micah climbed out of his crib. We had just gotten back from our PALS gathering (which was awesome, by the way) and he had fallen asleep in the car so when I went to lay him in his bed he was awake...and not too excited to go back to sleep. So I layed him down and covered him up and of course he was standing up and crying before I left. But like I always do I let him cry because it usually doesn't last long. So, I went into the kitchen and then I heard a thump, silence and then lots of crying. I could tell this wasn't a "Micah sitting down in protest in his bed" kind of thump. When I went into his room he was lying on the floor with his head closest to his crib and feet towards the door. He obviously had the wind knocked out of him and was pretty scared. I just held him the rest of the afternoon and we napped together for two hours. I didn't really want to go grocery shopping anyway :). He's okay and hasn't tried it again since "the incident" and I'm just hoping it scared him enough to NEVER do it again! Ha! I can dream right!

Oh and did I ever share this photo with you? Just thought I would.Okay, so that's our week in a nutshell. I'll try and be more on top of things this coming week and keep you in the loop, as if you care!

Anna said...

Two answers for you:
1. Yes, a handful of Cheerios is usually breakfast around here. Plus a banana. I'll hear a chorus of "Nana? Nana? Nana!" if I forget.

2. We have "naked running" at our house. Usually it's just Joe who participates although today Dan was doing "naked gymnastics" on the couch.

On My Instagram