Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

egg carton flowers

Monday, June 08, 2009
When I buy eggs they usually come in a styrofoam container. I would really love to get the paper ones but our grocery store doesn't really carry them. Why does it matter you ask? It would be nicer on the environment if we bought paper and the paper ones make better craft projects! So while the kids and I were on a really long walk the other day I happened to see a paper egg carton on the sidewalk, so I picked it up. Gross? Not really it was just a container for cascarones. I have no idea if I spelled that right but cascarones are these little confetti filled eggs that they sell around Fiesta time. I knew what I wanted to do with the paper egg container and once we got home we started on the project.

Naomi and I painted the container and then after letting it dry during nap time we made the container into little flowers. She really liked putting the pipe cleaners through the leaves and the bottom of the flowers. I asked her what she wanted to do with the flowers and she basically told me that she wanted to keep them for herself. So, I encouraged her to think about others and give them to the staff at church. So a couple days later we went to church to give out the flowers and to teach Naomi about giving and sharing our gifts with others. We also gave one to Anna because she watched Micah so that Naomi and I could give out the flowers and go grocery shopping. Thanks Anna.




Micah enjoyed a little coloring...till I had to take the crayons away because he was eating them.

On My Instagram