Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

ordination

Sunday, December 07, 2008
We went to an ordination this afternoon, and it was a pretty special one because I met the man being ordained while I was in college. My parents met Sergey while they were in Russia. He brought his family to the US and to Wisconsin and they lived with my parents for a while. While Sergey went to Fort Wayne their daughter Lyuba lived with my parents. We lost track of them for a while and then when we were back at the Seminary for our fourth year we saw them there. That was strange but very cool. Anyway, Sergey...now known as Paul, just got a call to a church in Elizabeth City, New Jersey. It was exciting to watch him be ordained and for Greg to participate. Lyuba wasn't at the service but she has a four month old little boy now and doesn't live too far from us so hopefully we'll get to catch up with each other before too long.

On My Instagram