Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

lacing beads

Saturday, November 29, 2008
At the end of October Naomi and I made some lacing beads. She hasn't gotten to play with them yet because I am so slow and other things have taken over my time. But I wanted to post about them anyway. I still need to finish painting them different colors and then find some old shoe laces and then she'll be able to fully enjoy the lacing beads!
Ingredients/Recipe:
1 cup salt
1 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup water added in small increments
plastic straw
wax paper
cookie sheet
paint (we used acrylic)
I got a little impatient with the mixing of the ingredients so I added more water but you really don't need to, it just takes a while to get everything mixed together!We made little circles and really, Naomi just had fun playing with it, she's still a little young to really understand what I wanted her to do. But she made her own little balls and tried to shove the straw into them and make holes. It was a fun project. We ended up with LOTS of extra salt dough so she just played with it and then we threw it away.

My plans are to use four different colors and paint seven in each of those four colors. I just have to finish so she can actually play with them!

On My Instagram