Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

just had to share...

Friday, June 20, 2008
I should be proofing my wedding but I just got done packing the kids stuff for our trip and while I was packing the camera was unloading the pictures I took today and I just had to share a few of the gems I found on there. These are straight out of the camera, I didn't mess with them at all.

I'm just amazed by how "grown up" Naomi is looking and acting these days. She is learning SO many new things every day. Even if I'm in the other room and I say something I often times hear her repeating what I just said (makes me really watch what I say). She is very polite and many times a day says "dank you mommy" or "help mommy" or "yesh mommy". She is becoming much more gentle with Micah...although she still tries to sit on him sometimes...and I can let him play on the floor and often times she'll just go back to playing by herself and won't even pay much attention to him. She helps with picking up her toys, throwing away dirty diapers, stiring things, cooking us dinner in her kitchen and has just started setting up plates and cups on the coffee table as if for dinner. She's content to just sit and read books or sing for quite a while. It's so fun to watch her learn and discover new things everyday. While we are home in Wisconsin my sister is taking Naomi to the Children's Museum and I can't wait to see her thrive there and just have a blast playing and learning at the same time. Although she's not my little baby girl anymore...she's still my little baby girl.

She is such a joy to be around and totally brightens my day and the day of those around her. She doesn't know a stranger and says hi to people on a regular basis. She really helps me to be a better person. I may look at the way someone is dressed or acting and have an immediate reaction, but she just smiles, waves and says hi...no matter what (unless she's having one of her rare shy moments). She catches people off guard and makes them smile too. It's awesome to think that she may brighten someones day without even knowing it. I pray that her contagious joy continues and that we can help foster that joy and continue to share the love of Jesus with her.
My little Micah man is amazing too. He is a lot like his sister and a lot different than his sister. He has such a calm personality and is really laid back...unless he really needs something. But he usually starts off with a fuss and if you catch it in time he doesn't go too crazy. He likes to sleep and is in a pretty regular napping schedule. He goes to bed at 8pm when Naomi does and wakes around 4:30am to eat and then goes back to sleep till (usually) 8:30am. The last two mornings both kids have slept till 9am and I am loving that!! He smiles a lot and loves to watch his little bear mobile. He is content to just sit in his bouncy seat or under his "jungle gym" and just hang out. It's so fun to watch him react to Naomi, he gets a big smile on his face and I can already tell they're going to be great friends...if she decides to stop sitting on him. It'll be fun to watch their relationship blossom.

He is already outgrowing where Naomi was at this age so we'll see where he's at when he's her age now. I guess boys just grow bigger faster! His hair seems to be a little red and some days it looks more red than others. We can't wait to see what he's going to be like when he gets bigger but we CAN wait...I don't want my little dude to grow up too fast! I love the baby stage as much as the next ones.
Okay, so I promised myself I would get going on my wedding proofing before 10pm so I better do that. I need to get them done before we leave on Sunday! Here's one of Greg for you, right before his game tonight.

On My Instagram