Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

baby micah

Friday, April 04, 2008
Micah Ruben
April 2, 2008
3:30pm
7lbs 12oz

21 inches
Check out Micah's blog! But he hasn't updated yet because he's too tired!

For those interested, here's the story!
Well, I was thinking that my dr. was going to induce me because of high blood pressure but it appears that Micah just wanted to come on his own! I started having consistent contractions on April 2nd at 4:30am. Made the call to Greg around 5am because he was still in Austin at a Pastor's conference. He started the drive home as I just counted the contractions and the 2 minutes in between. Jenny came over so that we could leave Naomi in bed and have someone to take Naomi to Amy's house for the day. We got to the hospital around 7am and they didn't admit me yet because they weren't sure I was in labor. Let me tell you, I was in labor...I could feel it! I was in the triage room till noon because they weren't sure if I was going to get to stay and have a baby or be sent home...but I was determined to stay and have a baby. So I got in a room around noon and then an epidural around 1pm. Finally I felt some relief! Around 3:25pm I was ready to push and three short pushes and less that five minutes later Micah was born. We were all amazed at how quickly he came when the time had finally come. I have some stories about the nurses and just some random thoughts but I'll share those later.


We're doing great though and finally made it home today. My mom was able to catch a flight on Wednesday and arrived at 10pm. She's been hanging out with Naomi and came up to the hospital today and yesterday. Naomi seemed a little freaked out by the hospital at first but loved saying hi and bye bye to all the nurses that came in. She loved checking everything out and of course pointing out the baby! We weren't sure how she would react when we got home today but she had a huge smile on her face and just kept saying baby baby! It'll be an adjustment to all of us but one that we are so grateful to go through! So here's some pictures of our little family growing! Thanks for all the prayers and kind words!
One last preggo pic!Proud daddy and his boy!
Family of four! Don't look too happy Naomi!

This kid has the longest fingers and toes.

Go Cards!
Baby baby!!!
brian said...

Beautiful! Congrats to you all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have a very beautiful family!

Jim and Amanda Fleming

mlorfeld said...

Congrats! With long fingers and a dad like his... maybe he'll be a pitcher with an insane breaking ball :)

tiapugh said...

YEA!!!! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly (for the most part). Is it normal for them to make you wait so long?! That freaks me out!
He is very handsome. Naomi will be a proud big sister. :)

Anna said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie! We can't wait to meet Micah. God's blessings to you all.

- The Morrisons

Tisha said...

Congratulations!! He is so stinking cute!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a beautiful baby boy!! And how cool that he shares his birthday with his aunt Tracey!! ;) :) I am sure she is excited too. God bless you! Love, Jenny

pldesigns said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
He's just precious Jamie! COngrats!
Gotta love the fast labors huh?
Can't wait to see more & more pictures of your growing family!
About 7 more weeks till i should find out if mine's a boy or girl. :)
Just as much rest as you can. Take care!

Anonymous said...

so wonderfull! so beautifull! congratulations to all!

On My Instagram