Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

Summer is the Time to Get Creative!

Monday, June 07, 2021

I am so excited to share with you a little bit about my summer art camp. I had dreamed of hosting a summer art camp for many many years before it became a reality. Hosting a camp where kids get to explore new art mediums, learn new techniques and be creative was what I envisioned and it has been a reality for the last four years. I have loved watching kids of all ages create and try new things. It is an absolute joy to me. 

Last year, art camp had to pivot and the Art Camp in a box was born. I was so excited to be able to offer the fun of camp in the safety and convenience of your own home to many more children than I could reach in my own small town. I am grateful that I am able to once again offer Art Camp in a box along with in-person camp if you’re local to me. 

So what can you expect from art camp in a box? First of all you will get a box mailed to you with many of the supplies that your artist will need for their projects. I do ask that you provide some of the supplies that would be hard to ship and that you probably already have on hand. Things like scissors, pencils, markers, glue and other coloring mediums are what I will ask you to provide. A complete list will be emailed to you once the boxes are mailed so you have time to gather supplies before the videos start.

That brings me to the next part of Art Camp in a box. I’m not just going to mail you a bunch of supplies and expect you to know what to do with them. I will be making teaching videos to guide your artist through each project. This year I hope to make some of the videos during our in-person art camp so your artist will also get to see kids (other than just mine) doing the projects too.
Lastly you will be invited to a private facebook group where I will post links to all the videos and a post where artists can share their finished projects. After all, the best part of art camp is seeing what everyone creates! Look at some of these great creations from last year:

There are two different age groups for art camp. One art camp is for kids who just finished kindergarten through 4th grade and another camp for kids who finished 5th grade and up. If your child is more experienced in art projects and almost in the next group feel free to move them up. The groups are pretty fluid. It just helps so that I am not making projects too difficult for the younger kids or too easy for the older kids. I cannot wait for your artist (or YOU!) to join us for this year’s Art Camp in a Box. Our projects will be based on the 7 Elements of Art, so we will explore line, shape, form, color, value, space and texture. There will be learning and there will be LOTS of creating and fun!!

Please feel free to message me on social media or email me if you have any questions about this Art Camp in a box!

On My Instagram