Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

Handmade Gift Ideas for Christmas 2020

Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Let me join the chorus of voices saying things like “This has been a crazy year.” It really goes without saying, and yet we keep saying it, right? Well, this year has not only been full of unusual challenges, it has also given us a chance to really think about the people we get to share our lives with, be it in person or from afar. I know that I have found myself wanting to let people know more than ever just how much they mean to me. So now, as we enter the Christmas season, it is a great time to think of some creative ways to show people we care… but since it is 2020 it may need to be done on a tighter budget than usual.

December is really the only month you will find me being crafty. When Aiden was little it was a regular craft-a-palooza. Even before that, I was always the aunt who would break out the paint and glitter when kiddos would visit. However, in this season of life I find myself crafting less. At least until the Christmas spirit kicks in! So, this year I started looking for new projects to do this month and I found a tutorial for keychain chapstick holders. I immediately thought this was brilliant, because my husband will tell you that I immediately lose any chapstick I buy. I think they actually go to live with all the ponytail holders I buy. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to make these, and of course I knew that Jamie would make awesome tags!

Isn’t that cute? We are planning to make these for his homeshcool friends. (Shhh… don’t tell! Ha!) I love that we can use different fabrics to fit the personality of the recipient, and then adding Jamie’s tag is the perfect touch! This month you can get the digital file to print your own tags like this if you subscribe to the newsletter! Let’s spread the “chappy” wishes and have some fun!

Of course I also have people in my life who I want something a little different for. These are the kind of people who need more chocolate in their lives! So I also love the idea of filling whisks with kisses to spread a little punny joy to some of my favorite people. Luckily, Jamie has a tag for that as well! You can find the printable tags for this project in her shop.

Last, but not least, for the book lovers in your life I love these bookmarks! Coloring these in and adding them to cards or gifts is such a special way to bring more meaning to the holidays. These can be found in the shop as well.

These Christmas Hymn bookmarks will be a perfect addition to your holiday preparations! Print these out and color them to include in cards, attach to gifts, or just mark your favorite hymns and readings. Four unique designs give you a chance to mix it up and find your favorites. These could also be used in Bible journaling, or to create other Advent and Christmas crafts! 

What handmade gifts are you working on this year? I would love to hear about them in the comments!

On My Instagram