Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

nativity parade

Monday, December 06, 2010
I love nativity sets.
There are SO many varieties.
Even just looking around my house
I can easily spot half a dozen just from where I'm sitting.
Not to mention the few that the kids play with,
and the ornament ones.

My friend Maureen collects them and keeps them up
in her house all year long...
what a great reminder!

Today though I wanted to share two of my favorite nativities...
this first one was made for us by my mother-in-law.
This one always finds its place under the tree
and I don't mind if the kids play with it. :)


This next one however, is not for the kids to play with.
I love this Willow Tree Nativity.
I always used to admire it from afar, thinking,
"there's no way I'll ever be able to have that in my house,
amongst my things to call my own."
But my husband made it a reality for me.
He's gotten me different parts of it for Christmas in the past.
I love the simplicity of it.
And even though they're mass produced they have a handmade feel to them.


I have a few glass nativity sets and its hard right now for me to put them out.
Last year Micah made Mary a widow when he broke Joseph
and this year one of the wise men has lost their legs
so for now, the glass ones are not out in plain sight...
hopefully that will change.

What's your favorite nativity?
Won't you join in too at the nativity parade?

seven thirty three said...

I LOVE your Willow Tree Nativity. Gorgeous!

Steph Jacobson said...

I love the Willow Tree nativity. Buying a little at a time is a good idea!

On My Instagram