Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

cleaning

Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I can't believe that I'm going to show you
what I'm about to show you.
I'm embarassed.
It's gross.
But I have to believe that if I have these issues
then maybe someone else out there does too.
And if you had found a solution to something this awesome
I'd want you to share it with me too.

Enter, the pumice stone.
Great for getting rid of that rough skin on your heels.
We've all got it, don't be afraid to admit it.
BUT, that's not all...
It's also AWESOME and getting caked on gross stuff off your
bathroom tile,
toilet,
sink,
shower door,
you name it!

First put on some gloves
(especially if you're trying to get rid of the ring around the toilet).
Then get the pumice stone wet
and scrape till your arm falls off.
Then scrape some more.
Then the nastiness should be gone!
Enter my proof...
This is the sink in the kids bathroom.
The sink is at a weird angle so the water doesn't always go all the way down.
So, it just sits there.
It was already gross when we bought the house.
Sure, it got a little worse since we moved in.
But now it's better!!!
It's not perfect but much
MUCH
better.

I'm doing the happy dance because it's getting
the gross caked on gunk off the tile in my shower.
Oh and it does wonders on glass shower doors
that are coated with soap scum.

Okay, so maybe I'm the only one with these problems.
Leave some comment love and tell me I'm not alone.
I don't care if you have to lie!!!

But seriously go try it, it works!
It doesn't scratch the surface but gets all the nasty stuff out of there.
It even worked on a little rust spot that was on the kids tub
(from the previous owner).
You know ladies, the rust spots from
certain cans of shaving cream.
I don't use them so I know the rust was from someone else.

Anyway, that's my helpful tip of the week.
Hope you can have sparkling clean toilets,
sinks and tubs for your Thanksgiving company!

Speaking of which...mom and dad get here late tonight!
WooHoo!!

Rachel Hill said...

Do you know about Mr. Clean Magic Erasers?! They are awesome and take off everything!!

Dana said...

I will have to try the pumice stone on our shower doors. They have years of soap scum - and nothing I do seems to make it go away. Thanks for the idea :)

Jamie said...

Rachel,
I have used mr. clean magic erasers they work wonders on my counter tops. But they just didn't do justice to the soap scum and other junk on my tile and shower door. The pumice stone is the only thing that has ever worked...and no chemicals!!

jimandafleming said...

Hmm..I'll have to try the pumice stone on the toilets. We have well water, and it leaves a nasty orange water ring in my bowl. Maybe this, plus CLR, will get rid of it!

Casey said...

CLR is my magic weapon for removing rust from a sink in my bathroom. The faucet dripped for about 5 months (while the previous owner was in assisted living) and since the pipes are made of iron, the water rusted out the sink at the bottom. It is barely detectable now (yahoo). As for the glass shower doors, mine were in pretty good shape, but I still couldn't stand them-you know me and my anal cleaning tendencies. So, a few weeks ago, Erin and I removed them completely and put up a shower curtain (which is easily washed). Good luck cleaning queen!

On My Instagram