Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

a big move

Tuesday, April 25, 2017
We moved from Tennessee to Missouri about five weeks ago. It seems like we've been here for only a couple of weeks but at the same time it feels like we've been here for years. The people are so friendly, thoughtful and generous. Just tonight a man from the congregation brought over a play set for the kids...he drove it over on his tractor!! So fun! Small town life is pretty exciting! We have been blessed with so many things from babysitting, to eggs, meat, flowers, and now a playground. Just tonight I wasn't really feeling like cooking so I just planned on making "breakfast" for dinner...and then a kind woman walked across the street from the church and brought us the leftover food from the LWML Zone Rally that they had today. Some of the best broccoli cheese soup I've ever had along with croissants and chicken salad. God is meeting our needs in many and various ways. God is blessing our socks off with the generosity of these people. I'm pretty sure we won't have to buy eggs again...for a long long time. One man has already brought us 10 dozen eggs (not all at the same time) and another family with hens has brought us more. We have had two different families bless us with part of their cows. And we've gotten four whole chickens. Not to mention the pantry shower that the church had for us before we even got here. I don't need to buy green beans or corn for a very long time!! We feel very blessed. And if we don't just look at the material goods we see blessings too...the people are very friendly, generous with their time and very kind. We walk to the grocery store, the post office and the bank. We could walk to the library but it's a little bit further away and we usually get a LOT of books so we usually drive. We do our "big" grocery shopping about 25 minutes away but it helps me plan meals out better so I'm not always having to drive into town. The craft store is 25 minutes away too which obviously is good for my wallet!!

Speaking of the craft store...during our move I took some time off from my handmade business and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things with my lettering and painting. I have many custom orders that I am currently working on and a HUGE project that I am so so excited about but I can't share what that project is just yet...but let's just say that it is a dream project! So here are a few random pictures from the last month or so...actually most of these are from the last week or so. I need to get back on this blog and write about our move.

We were so blessed with so many wonderful helpful friends during our time of transition. Many people came to help us get our house ready, bring us meals, watch our kids. We couldn't have made this move without the body of Christ. We are so grateful for their love and support and we truly miss our friends and family back in Tennessee. Thanks be to God for modern ways of communication. While it's totally informal and not as good as face to face, it is so good to be able to keep up with friends through social media, texts, and video chatting!!

Time for some pictures....
See, he literally drove it from his house to ours...on his tractor!!! So cool!!!

Our library had a rock painting night and now Naomi and I want to paint.all.the.rocks!!


My top secret HUGE project is inside this envelope! There's your sneak peek!!

I actually made something for my own house and it didn't take me 5 years!!

I took some time today to create a printable for Mother's Day...and a card that you can purchase as well. The printable is listed in my etsy store here and the card is here.

There is a German restaurant here with THE.BEST.GERMAN food I've ever had...and I'm German. Yum!!!

A friend asked me to draw their family for Mother's Day and I decided I better practice on my family first to make sure I could do it...besides Naom's glasses being too high I think it turned out okay!
 Sorry if we're friends on FB and you've seen all of these already! I promise to try to blog more...but honestly the best place to catch me and what we're up to is on Instagram!!

And if you want to check out a little bit of my craft room there will be a tour of it on my friends blog. I'll post the link tomorrow!

On My Instagram