Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

dinner guest

Wednesday, January 25, 2012
We had a dinner guest last Friday. It's been a few weeks since we've had anyone over for dinner. I was very excited to cook up a big meal and try some new things. I know that having guests for dinner for the first time is not the time to try new things...but I guess it's okay when you know the "things" will work. I made our standby pork tenderloin in the crock-pot (1bottle teriyaki, 1 cup honey, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2Tbls lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic powder and onion powder, cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours (i recommend low and slow)). I tried a new appetizer and a new way (to me) of doing green beans and we also had baked potatoes. I also made a DELICIOUS dessert (but didn't photograph it) if I may say so myself. So here's a little random cooking post on my photography blog. Naomi kept saying that "the kids needed a paper to tell what they wanted". I said "do you mean a menu?" and she said yes, so she wrote out what we were having! So sweet. And our dinner guest is the one who brought the beautiful yellow tulips from yesterdays post! so sweet. I'll post the "recipe" for the green beans and the appetizer by the photos of them! Hope you can have a dinner party soon and make some delicious food that you only make when having company! I know I enjoyed it thoroughly. IMG_3239-128

Appetizer: Garlic bread with tomato slices, basil and mozzarella cheese. Cook the bread at 475 for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, basil and mozz cheese, put back in oven till the cheese melts. I cut the bread before cooking it all but you could probably cut them in half afterwards too. This was DELICIOUS and I will totally be making this again sometime...hopefully soon! IMG_3236-125Pork Tenderloin!! IMG_3240-129

So I just cut the ends off the green beans, cut the strips of bacon in half and rolled about 6-7 green beans in half a piece of bacon. Lined them up in my baking dish and then sprinkled some brown sugar, salt and pepper over the top. I put it in a 350 degree oven for about 20minutes. Temp and time varies I guess. I just eyeballed it. These were really good too! IMG_3238-127

What delicious things have you been cooking up lately?

On My Instagram