Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

dumb smelly sheep

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
"The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want" -Psalm 23:1

Last night in our ChristCare small group we took time to
be still,
to listen,
to meditate,
to think on God's words in Psalm 23.

I couldn't help but think of myself as a dumb, smelly sheep...
which is what
I am.
what we all are.
We are sheep who have gone astray.
Sheep who wander off.
Sheep who don't listen.
Sheep who don't notice the danger lurking around us.

I know that I all to often take ALL that Christ has done for me
for granted.
I know that I wander off
A LOT.
I know that I don't listen
very often.
I know that I don't notice the danger
lurking around.

The thought struck me,
how many times has Jesus had to leave the 99
to come look
for me?

How often has he left the faithful sheep
to come find the wandering one,
me.

I praise God that He does leave the 99
in search of me.
Because he loves me THAT much.
I praise God that even when I'm acting
like a dumb,
smelly,
wandering,
not listening sheep,
He still comes after me.

I praise God that I can start over.
That my slate can be wiped clean,
every day,
every hour,
even every minute.

I praise God that He sent Jesus
to be my shepherd.
To lead me.
To keep me in the fold.
To find me when I wander off.

What an amazing gift I've been given.
You've been given.
I cannot keep it to myself.
People need to know of this
awesome,
loving,
tender,
forgiving,
forgetting sin,
SHEPHERD!
Theresa said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing that.

Missy said...

What a beautiful post!

On My Instagram