Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

delurk for Haiti (PLEASE READ!!!)

Friday, January 29, 2010
This post will remain at the top till the donation time is over.
Scroll down for new posts.

As I tuck my kids into bed at night, I'm not worried about if they'll be warm enough, or safe from harm. When they wake in the morning I don't worry about what they will eat for breakfast. When we need a drink of water we just go to the sink and turn on the faucet, or go to the fridge for a cold glass of milk. I have MANY luxuries that people around the world do not. I am very wealthy compared to the many people in the world who have little to nothing.

I've been wrestling with the thought of how I could help the people in Haiti. Simple me. One person. Living miles away from them. In my comfortable home. With a roof over my head. Water in my pipes. And all my family safe and accounted for. I know that I am BLESSED beyond imagination.

I had a thought. One that many other bloggers have had. I wanted to get other people involved. I wanted to let other people find a way to help out those in Haiti who are trying to rebuild their lives. So, here's what I am doing.

For one week, from right now until Friday, January 29th at noon (CST) I will be asking for your help. For every comment that is left on this post I will donate $0.15 and for every new public follower I will donate $0.25. (up to $100). So what does it cost you? Nothing. Just leave a comment. Tell me your name, where you're from, something, anything. Just a comment. Or follow this blog and your donation will be even greater.

It gets better. If you'd like to help out in an even bigger way I have two more opportunities for you. I will donate 50% of any purchase from my etsy store before Friday, January 29th at noon. AND if you book a photography session with me before Friday (doesn't have to take place before Friday and does not include weddings) I will also donate 50% of the session fee.
JT Photography
Pure Joy Creative

So, you get something fun for your home or a photography session and I will donate 50% to LCMS World Relief and Human Care. Please also check Matthew Harrison's (Executive Director of LCMS World Relief and Human Care) blog, he is in Haiti and updates when he is able.

BUT

I'm not alone in this. I contacted some of my friends and they were willing to jump in and help out also.Elisa from e-fran designs is also donating $0.15 for each comment on her post and $0.25 for each new public follower on her blog as well and donating 25% of all sales from her etsy store this week.

Kate Kaiser Designs
Kate from Kate Kaiser Designs is donating $0.15 for each comment on her post and $0.25 for each new public follower on her blog as well as donating 50% of all sales from her etsy store this week.

Would you like to join us? It's not too late. If you would like a link to your post from here so that you can get comments, followers and donate please let me know! Also, I'd love to add more etsy store owners to the mix as well. All money donated will be collected by me, and sent through my church to LCMS World Relief and Human Care to go straight to the work in Haiti! Please tell everyone you know to visit these sites and help out in whatever way they can! We'd also love it if you linked back to this post on your blog!

Thanks and I pray that you are richly blessed in all you do!!! May you know the LOVE of our Savior a little more today!
CamelsNDragons said...

Just shopping by via SITS. I have
seen several photographers try this idea to raise money for Haiti.
I hope it works for you.

Dana said...

good idea.

xoxoKrysten said...

Hello and happy SITS sharefest! Hope you have an absolutely amazing Saturday!

Sarah Kate said...

Hey jamie!
I think it's awesome that you're doing this! Good luck!

katherinemarie said...

What an amazing gift!!!! I agree with Srah Kate... "awesome!"

Tara said...

Would love help! You are amazing! Tara

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Good luck in your honorable effort! -Steph

Unknown said...

I'll be letting my readers know about this when I post my linky party tomorrow. God bless you for doing this. :)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

very nice of you we're also part of LCMS :)

Anna said...

This is a great idea!

Jenny Hatch said...

Bless your heart...and the people of Haitii.

Sjn said...

I came over from the girl creative. Bless you for your efforts and help!

Sew Can Do said...

Heard about you on The Girl Creative. Great idea!

Lanie said...

Such a great idea Jamie. I will be posting a link to this today. ~Lanie

Lanie said...

Following too! ;) Lanie

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Way to go! Thanks for the reminder... we really are blessed! Blessings to you...

Tiffany said...

Over from the Girl Creative! Thanks for doing this, I follow you now! :)
Tiff @MakingTheWorldCuter

Anonymous said...

I found you at Girl Creative and I think it's great what you are doing for Haiti.

tough jelly said...

It is so wonderful that you are doing this!! Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me.

Cindi said...

Stopping by via Lanie's blog. Thank you for doing this. I am so financially strapped right now that all I have been able to do is pray. You are allowing me to help, even in a small way, by your generosity. May God richly bless you. I'm a follower now also.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the support; for getting the word out and encouraging others to give generously to Haiti relief efforts. Every gift -- big or small -- makes a HUGE difference.
Sarah at LMCS World Relief and Human Care

Anna Maschke said...

Great Idea Jamie. Our church is sending our donation to LCMS WR&HC today, including the money that Ali gave to "help the kids that lost their toys buy new ones"

Megan said...

Great idea! I found this through Becca! Hope it is very successful.

Elisa said...

I've created a collection of Valentine's for Haiti including something from each of our three shops as well as others on Etsy who are donating portions of their sales. I've included your fabulous Valentine Felt Sugar Cookies!

One more day left, hope we get a burst of activity! :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39009338

On My Instagram