Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

birthday countdown

Friday, September 04, 2009
So if you've been following me for a while you know we're big into countdowns.
Since Naomi doesn't really understand the concept of time we just find it easier to make a paper chain to countdown to certain events (holidays, vacations, people visiting).
But I found a link from Katherine's blog to another blog and found a great tutorial for a birthday countdown!

So about three weeks ago I got the supplies and made most of the board, I finally got around to finishing this countdown up last night. Greg wasn't home and Micah and Naomi were happy playing with play-doh so I decided to get my mod-podge out and get to finishing the countdown (since we've already started the countdown I guess it's good to have the board finished).

Anyway, here are some photos of our finished birthday countdown.
I made it gender neutral so we can use it for everyone's birthday.
And everyone will get their own name on magnets so that it can be personalized.
I just have to make the other names still...no biggie.
Naomi was excited to see her very own birthday countdown.
Now we just have to remember to move the cupcake every day.

This project cost me about $4. $3 for three cookie sheets, two of which I'm using for other projects. $3 for a can of spray paint. And I'm sure at one point the mod-podge and paper cost me a little money, but I had it on hand.

Greg and I also talked about how we could use this for every special occasion
(that was of course before I glued all the birthday stuff on).
Guess I'll just have to make another one :)...
in all my spare time.
Katherine Marie! said...

Yes, I loved her countdown... and yours is sweet as can be too!!! COUNTDOWNS are so much fun... I bet you'll have an ULTRA special birthday celebration for her. :) I'll be waiting for those photos...

Susie said...

I'm glad the countdown tutorial is helpful :) Yours looks very festive! I think gender neutral is a good idea- we have three little girls, though, so an all girlie themed one fits these parts.
Susie

On My Instagram