Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

great website

Friday, March 14, 2008
I found a great website for help with meal planning. It's called Meals Matter. Now, I know there are lots of meal planning websites out there and they are very helpful but this one is even better because it's FREE! There are lots of tools to help with meal planning and nutrition. There are recipes, shopping lists, ingredient helpers, planners and just tons of information. So, I signed up and planned out a week of meals and did all my shopping last Friday. I had been making too many trips to H-E-B in the last few weeks and that always means a few extra things that aren't on the list and that always means more money spent. I did make one trip this week but just for the basics like milk, bread and eggs. It's nice to have the food in the house to make good meals. And it's nice to not always be making hamburger helper or something like that. So last night I make Chicken Cordon Bleu in the crock-pot. It was DELICIOUS! Greg told me that I could make this dish every week and sometimes twice a week and he wouldn't get sick of it. I agree, it was very tasty and even good enough for lunch today too. So I thought I'd share the recipe here just in case anyone wants to try it out...because it was pretty easy and very tasty! Oh and I only made four but the recipe is to make 6.

Chicken Cordon Bleu (Crock-pot recipe)
Contributed By:
tsmithchooWest Park
Easy crock pot recipe the whole family will love!
Ingredients
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Pepper
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1 Chicken bouillon cube
6 slices Ham (just use lunch meat)
1/4 c. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 c. Oil
1/2 c. Water

Preparation
Flatten chicken to 1/8 inch thick. Place ham and cheese on each breast. Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick. Combine flour and seasonings. Use this mixture to coat chicken.
In skillet, brown chicken in oil. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.

Cook's Notes
This recipe is loaded with 1/3 of your daily calcium requirement, an essential nutrient for maintaining strong bones.

Nutrient Information
Calories 634
Total Fat 43 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7.7 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Protein 30 g
Vitamin A 251 IU
Vitamin C 2 mg
Calcium 268 mg
Sodium 2440 mg
Iron 1.5 mg
Fiber 1.5 g

On My Instagram