Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

Custom Christmas Ornaments - Black Friday Sale

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

When do you decorate for Christmas? Our family’s tradition is to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I don’t know if tradition will continue this year or not. We may not get to the tree until the week after Thanksgiving. But it will get up sooner or later.

Do you get a live tree or put up your fake tree every year? We always had a fake tree growing up. I remember helping my day “fluff” the branches as a kid. He would meticulously string the lights on the tree and inevitably one or more strands of lights would stop working once they were on the tree. I’m pretty sure most people have had similar experiences. 

When we moved to Tennessee in 2011 we got our first live tree. I wasn’t sure how I would like it but since our church set up a Christmas tree lot every year as one of their biggest fundraisers we wanted to support the church. I LOVED having a real tree. We typically bought a Douglas Fir and it was full, sturdy and smelled so good. When we moved to Missouri we went back to using a fake tree and while it’s not the same as a live tree it works and I’m just so happy to have a place to put our ornaments, and to see the lights glow at night makes me feel cozy and nostalgic. We actually bought two fake trees so we could set up a tree in the basement and also because we have SO MANY ornaments. 

I’m not one who decorates my tree with a theme, although I think themed trees are so beautiful it’s just not in our budget and I really love the memories that we hang on the tree each each. The ornaments we hang are often representative of years past. Sometimes they are just fun or cute but most often the ornaments hold special memories, either of the giver of the ornament or of the year in the lift of the recipient the ornament represents. 
I love to make ornaments for others to give to their family members and loved ones. And I would love to be able to make an ornament for your family or for you to give to your loved ones. I can customize ornaments in many ways.

This year I have a special Black Friday sale on my ornaments. You can buy one ornament at regular price and get the second ornament at half off. Custom ornaments are $15. Shipping is a flat $5 for any number of ornaments.

This year there are two sizes to choose from. The small ornaments are made from a branch from the sycamore tree in our backyard. The branch fell during a storm in June and I had a friend of mine cut the wood and put holes in them so we could hang them. The larger ornaments are more suitable for family names, states and the like.

Email me at jamie@purejoycreative.com to place your order and I will invoice you using paypal. Once the order is paid for I will get to work and get the ornaments out in time for Christmas!!

Christmas card pre-orders need to be in by Friday, November 29th. Please also note, all custom orders need to be placed by December 3rd. Physical items from my store will only be sold until December 15th. Digital items will remain in the store throughout December. 

I have some really fun things in store for the new year. I will be sharing more information as the time gets closer! 

On My Instagram