Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

freezer paper stenciled shirts

Wednesday, October 03, 2012
My kids got invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese on Naomi's birthday. At first I didn't think we'd let them go since it was Naomi's birthday...but I asked her what she wanted to do and she said that she'd like to go to the party because she wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese for her birthday anyway. So, we decided to celebrate her day with lunch with my parents at Red Lobster (her choice) and presents and cake at our house after lunch. It worked out great and she really had the best of both worlds...a great time with family, and a birthday party that was for her friends.

The invitation for the boys birthday party (one of Naomi's classmates and one of Micah's classmates) stated that the kids could dress up like super heros if they wanted to. Since that was in the invitation I knew that my usual boy birthday gift of a t-shirt cape may not be the best idea...assuming they probably already had lots of  super hero outfits...so I asked the boys mom what types of things they liked. She told me about the super heros but also said they like rescue heros...so I went with that. 

Naomi told me that the boy in her class really likes fire trucks...and then I figured you can't really go wrong with a police car for a little boy either. I printed out a "stencil" from a line drawing clip art that I found in Microsoft word. I cut the stencil out of freezer paper and got to work painting. I made both shirts in about an hour (maybe a little more). But they turned out great and I really hope the little boys like their new shirts!



when it came time to think about Naomi's shirt for her 6th birthday I was thinking of just doing a "6" or writing out the word. My brilliant husband had an even better idea...a die with the six dotted side showing! Genius! I loved the idea...so I went with it. I could not find a clip art of a die that I liked so I ended up creating my own in Photoshop. I think it turned out pretty good actually. Naomi loved it! I made the skirt for her the morning of her birthday...good thing she goes to school (and has to wear a uniform!) or she wouldn't have gotten a birthday outfit!
 I'll share some photos from her birthday tomorrow!!

On My Instagram