Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

bird's nest necklaces

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

 I'm not a jump on the bandwagon trendy sort of girl. I've always been pretty bland in my jewelry collection. There are a few pieces of jewelry that I'd LOVE to own someday though. One being a personalized hand-stamped piece with the names of my kiddos. Another is a bird's nest necklace. But one day I happened upon a tutorial of how to make a bird's nest necklace and thought to myself, "self, you can totally make that". So I got a few supplies and set to work. Can I just say that I love the way they turned out...well, the second and subsequent ones. The first one that I made for myself leaves a lot to be desired, but it's just like me, imperfect...and I'm okay with that! I tried making one with each different amount of beads that I could...just to have an example and to hopefully one day sell to a mama like me who really wants one of these cute, albeit somewhat trendy, pieces of jewelry.

Nest necklace with one bead - ready to ship

I would LOVE to make you a custom bird's nest necklace too! Just tell me how many beads and what colors to use and I'll get to work! Here's a sample of what I've made already! Oh and I can make earrings to match too!! Send me a message through email or through my etsy shop!!


  












The four beads are to represent my children's birthstones, but since I'm not made of money I used a pearl instead of Opals (for October) and a shiny transparent bead instead of a diamond (for April).

km said...

so pretty! you are so talented! is there anything you can't make or sew???

On My Instagram