Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

long distance hug

Wednesday, February 17, 2010
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Grammy and Papa,
Grandma and Grandpa,
if you have not gotten a big envelope in the mail from us please don't read this!!!

You've been warned!

I don't remember where I saw this idea....maybe Family Fun, maybe not.
If you've seen this idea can you point me in the
right direction so I can give the proper credit?

For Valentine's Day I wanted to make something
fun and thoughtful for grandparents.
I saw this idea and knew it would be awesome.
Since we live so far from our families this was right up our alley.

Here's what I did:
I had the kids lie down on butcher paper and stretch out their arms.
Then I traced around their arms...
and a little bit of their body two times.
I cut their arms out (of the paper).

I stamped their hands with child-safe ink
(basically that just means it will wash off easily)
onto white paper and cut their hand prints out.

Then I cut out a big heart for each set of arms.
I used double sided tape to attach the hands
to the arms and the heart to the body.
Wrote "I Love you this much" and called it good. This would make a great Mother's (grandmother's) Day gift.
Or just a fun pick me up for family living far apart.

giveaways

Rachel Hill said...

Do you know the book "I Love You This Much"? Xavier really likes it...

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

We did this several months ago too! It was a big hit with grandma and grandpa!

katherinemarie said...

Those are SUPER SUPER SUPER!!!!! Almost as good as the real deal.

On My Instagram