Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

plastic bag pom-pon tutorial

Thursday, January 28, 2010
Is your daughter into the
princess/cheerleader/bride
thing too?
Or is it just mine?

Man, this little girl has quite the imagination.
Which I love, don't get me wrong.
But somedays, I'd just like Naomi
to be NAOMI!

Seriously, I did not name her
Ariel,
Belle,
Snow White,
Cinderalla,
OR
Wedding Girl
but I'm thinking if she was old enough to legally change her name
she just might do that.

Well, to support the addiction I made her some pom-pons.
She got some awesome ones from
Aunt Dana et al, for Christmas.
But I wanted to make more that I didn't care about getting ruined.
AND
I wanted to have some for the SuperBowl party.

They were super simple to make and took all of five minutes to do.

What you'll need:
3 grocery bags per pom-pon
scissors
packing tape
Cut the end off a plastic grocery bag.Lay it out flat.
Cut 1 inch strips into the bag going about halfway down the bag.Fold the bag in half and in half again. (the long way)
Then do this to two more bags.
Then tape the top of the bag together,
And then again about 4 inches down from that.
I then taped the top part of the bag down to where I had the second
section of tape to create a handle.
It works best if you leave some of the bag not covered in tape.Then wave them around like you just don't care!
If you make your own I'd love to see them!
Leave a comment with a link!
And tell me what you did to make them better!!!

I'm linking up at

Elisa said...

Looks like a great idea, Jamie! How fun, and you're making use of those darn plastic bags too! :)

Dana said...

Makes me think of making pom-poms out of paper bags with the Muenchow girls. We did it all the time in Iowa. Don't quite remember how we did it - but they were awesome! Glad she loves the ones we got her for Christmas - but these are great too.

Missy said...

What a cute idea! I love things that "recycle" household items.

On My Instagram