Discounts, Freebies & Other Goodies!

* indicates required

weekend visitor

Thursday, January 17, 2008
This past weekend my mom came for a visit. It was so nice to have her here for three days. My dad and four other men went to Louisiana to help with the re-building efforts there and my mom didn't have school Monday so she thought it was the perfect time to come...and we agree it was.

The weather was nice for her and we even got to have a picnic lunch outside on Saturday. She enjoyed soaking up the rays and we all loved just being outside! Saturday night we parked our behinds on the couch and watched the Packer game. What a great game...and I know mom will enjoy watching them on her birthday (sunday)...she'll enjoy it more if they win though!
Sunday we went to church and had a quick lunch. Then mom took Naomi home while Greg and I did evangelism calls and a hospital visit. Then we decided to go to an early movie and dinner. We did a little shopping in between at Kohl's (found some great deals for birthday gifts). Thanks for babysitting grammy!

Monday, we decided to do something fun! We were going to go to Sea World and I was so excited about the possibility...but it doesn't open till March. So we decided to go to the zoo. It was about 50 degrees so we got our sweatshirts out and headed to the zoo. We had a great time and saw just about every animal in the place and were done in about 2 hours. It's a nice zoo but parts of it are under construction right now, so it will be even better once that's done. We did get a season pass so that I can take Naomi and the child to be named later there to walk and obviously to see the animals. I can get one other person in for free so please join me sometime! We had lunch at one of my new favorite places to eat, La Madeline. We drove around a bit after lunch to see some of the BIG houses in San Antonio and then we headed to the airport. Mom had a 4:10 flight home. We truly enjoyed her visit and can't wait for more!

We headed to Barnes and Noble quick since we were out in that direction and I picked up two photography books, this one and this one to help me really get more serious about this. I do have lots to learn! I am saving money right now so that I can buy this but I'm only 1/10th of the way there. I do have to say that Greg's cousin Rachel already bought this camera and when I go to see her this weekend I WILL be playing with it! Hopefully I'll learn that I hate it and that it won't help my photography business but I really don't see that happening!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. Most of them are from the zoo. Enjoy!Outside on a sunny Saturday in Jaunary.Grammy gives Naomi a driving lesson, close the door before driving away.The bear was playing Naomi's favorite game...peek-a-boo.She was lovin' watching the "kitty" walking around.Naomi and dad check out the lion. Right before this picture was taken we actually got to hear the lion "ROAAAARRR"A rhino, Naomi and grammy.The zebra was very active and had fun playing with his toy...Naomi called it a "ball" of course.What an amazing bird the bald eagle is. There are two at our zoo.N is for Naomi!One pack hanging out with another!3 generations and some lions!Grammy and Naomi hanging out with the lions.

On My Instagram